Saturday, March 21, 2009

talking myself out of it

I've been telling myself all afternoon that we won't be picked.

I know the birth mom was looking at profiles this weekend, but I've already convinced myself that she's done and we have not been picked.

I guess I'm in self-defense mode. It's worse than the dreaded 2WW.

I'm at a point tonight where I'm afraid to have hope.

Yes, there is one more day left in "the weekend" so it's possible the birth mom hasn't seen ANY profiles yet. Who knows.

It's a very nerve-wracking time. I may have to take extra anti-anxiety meds tonight so I can sleep and stop the negative thinking.

Who would pick us? I'm too old. We make too little money. I'm not worthy.

3 comments:

Mom of Snooch said...

I can't help but think of the Serenity Prayer in these difficult times. Like you told me the other day, you are praying for her (the birth mother). I pray for peace for you, no matter the outcome.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the negativity is taking over this weekend. It's hard. So much harder than fertiles can even imagine.

Julie said...

It's 6 p.m. Sunday and no call. I'm convinced we haven't been picked.