Sunday, March 29, 2009

poor Julie...

I was talking to my aunt about my cousin (not her daughter) being pregnant, and finding out on Facebook, yadda yadda yadda.

So my aunt says, you don't want people always saying and thinking "poor Julie."

So my husband and I were talking about this in the car Friday and I said to him yes, yes I do want people saying poor Julie. I want people to recognize what a tragedy it is to not be able to have children.

I don't want people saying poor Julie about anything else. I don't want pity. But I do want people to recognize what a tragedy it is for ANYONE to be infertile and to not be able to have children. Poor me, poor them.

I guess what goes hand and hand with this, it the fact that I want people who have children to recognize it for the blessing that it is. (you may or may not remember my ex-friend who told me I was blessed to not have children...).

So while I was in the car talking to my husband about "poor Julie" I was also thinking about blogging about "poor Julie." Yes, I think about my blog posts well in advance. I try to process them so when I sit down at my computer they come out making sense.

In life there is tragedy. Infertility is one of them, infertility is mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post. You're right, people should recognize what they have is an extreme blessing while others would do anything to get that.

Stephanie said...

I love this post. It is so totally true and I feel the same way. I'm always hearing how people don't want others to feel sorry for them because of IF and truthfully I do. Not necessarily feel sorry for me, but to definitely realize their blessing and realize that it is a tragedy to not be able to have children. Again, great post!

Julie said...

Thanks girls, it means a lot to me to know I'm not blogging in vain.