Sunday, May 31, 2009

Silent Sorority

Haven't read it, but thought some of my readers might wanna check it out. I'll let you know if I read it, you let me know if you've read it! But right now I'm trying "non research" reading ;)



Silent Sorority
A (Barren) Woman Gets Busy, Angry, Lost and Found
by Pamela Mahoney Tsigdinos
About the Book
What happens when a couple can't conceive after years of trying? What awaits two people who want to be parents, as they move away from the fertility treatment/adoption/mommy-and-daddy track? With humor, poignancy, and grace, Silent Sorority sheds light on the lasting impact infertility has on relationships, identity, and planning for the future. Pamela reveals what it's like to be a “non-mom” in an era dominated by Mom's Clubs and helicopter parents. Along the way, she discovers a welcoming sisterhood whose nurturing fellowship provide the foundation for a rebirth. This is the story of how a (barren) woman gets busy, angry, lost and found.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Pamela's blog. It was one of the first blogs I started reading. I haven't read this book yet but it's definitely on my list of things to buy when I have extra money!

Stephanie said...

I bought the book last night. I'm not planning on never having kids, but it isn't the cards right now, so maybe this will be a good read for me...Thanks!

Oh, and what is her blog address? I would love to add it to my list!

Julie said...

Pamela's blog:

http://www.coming2terms.com/