Tuesday, May 5, 2009

final on 3 siblings

This morning, tired of waiting, I called the kid's social worker directly to ask if we were even being considered as a family for the three kids, or even for the twins if abusive foster/adopt mom got custody of the 6 yo.

She said yes, we were one of three families being considered. And in fact the case was in court and her supervisor was there. She'd call me when she knew something.

30 minutes later she called me back, crying, to say the judge has returned ALL THEE to the custody of the abusive foster/adopt mom.

I'm frustrated, and broken hearted, broken hearted for those kids, being sent back into a bad situation. Who would do that? Yes, sad for us too, but more so for the kids.

We will continue to search, our kids are out there somewhere.

I am just so sensitive, too sensitive, I get SO hopeful and then "BAM" in the gut. I feel as if I've had another miscarriage today. It's a sad sad day for 3 little people and 2 big ones.

3 comments:

Our Little Blessings said...

So sorry to hear that they were returned.

Stephanie said...

I can't believe that anyone would send those babies back into that situation. I'm broken-hearted actually. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. You have been in my thoughts. I'm so sorry it happened like this.
I know that hope involved the minute you hear of a potential match and to have something like this happen is heartbreaking.
(((hugs)))