Wednesday, May 6, 2009

is there such a thing as "too sensitive?"

I got so attached to the 3 kids in a matter of days, I already thought of my iPod as the kid's iPod and of dishes and glasses as broken, I saw car seats in the back of my Jeep and bunk beds in the office...

How do I take this journey and not open my heart to each opportunity. One thing I've learned from Lucinda Bassett is that I have a certain personality (yes prone to anxiety) but also I am sensitive, creative, analytical among other things. Sensitive, it's normal to be sensitive. Usually I hear "too" in front of sensitive as in "You are too sensitive."

I am learning that there is nothing wrong with being sensitive. It is part of who I am.

I will continue to get attached to each child that comes our way. And when they don't become part of our family I will be broken hearted. But now that I've learned this about myself, I am working on over coming it.

I am already looking ahead to the next possibility of a child. One situation will be perfect. I'm starting to think that adoption is kinda like falling in love. You have to kiss a few frogs before you meet your prince or princess.

Our prince and/or princess is out there, I just hope they find us soon!

No comments: