Monday, February 9, 2009

DO NOT go it alone! trust me

I cannot stress this enough, DO NOT go through this alone. Please please PLEASE find someone who understand infertility to talk to. Please trust me, been there, done that. I do speak from experience. It is my goal to help others.

If I cannot have biological children, I'd like to help others achieve their dreams, or at least manage their infertility.

I have a friend who came to me over a year ago. She is in her 20s and having a difficult time TTC. Her OB kept saying "you have plenty of time, just keep trying." My friend knew what I've been through, so she asked for my advice, which of course I'm more than HAPPY to give.

I suggest ANYONE who has been trying 6 months and is not pregnant seek the help of a reproductive endocrinologist. This is also what I told my friend. She followed my advice, and I am overjoyed to report she gave birth to a healthy baby girl just this weekend!!! All she needed was little clomid to help her along. She is one of the lucky ones. But if she had followed the advice of her OB, she could still be TTC.

She has been kind enough to acknowledge that without me she would not be pregnant. I am extremely happy for her. Anything I can do to keep anyone from going through what I've been through, I'm happy to help.

But please, don't try to go it alone, you do need support, even if it's an online forum, speak to others who understand it really does help. Check out RESOLVE'S website and see if there is a support meeting near you. Try online, there are many forums. Email me, leave me a comment. I'll do anything I can for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand when ppl say "you're still young, don't worry"...really? Because I'm young doesn't mean I don't want my babies now??