Tuesday, February 3, 2009

can I just say this?

If I hear from one more person about "God's plan for me" I'm gonna scream.

It's usually people with children who say this to me and it makes me feel like they and God both think I shouldn't be a mom.

That's when I get a bad case of the "where did I go wrongs?" I'm a good person. I don't even run over dead roadkill. I try to live by the Golden Rule and do unto others. But with each birthday that passes I feel like "where the heck did I take a wrong turn that ended with with me here, and childless?"

Maybe when people say stuff about God's plan for me, they think it's comforting? It's not. It makes me feel like a complete failure has a human being.

Does anyone else feel like this?

And now on to adoption, where someone went through our life with a fine tooth comb to see if we are worthy of being adoptive parents. We had physicals, we had fingerprints, we had background checks, we had someone come and look through our home all to see if we are good enough. We were approved, but I had such a fear of failing the home study, of someone saying "you are not good enough."

Do people with other illnesses feel this way? or because their illness did not prevent them from having children it's a different ballgame?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't even believe in God anymore....