Sunday, February 1, 2009

a conversation with my hairstylist

So I will talk to pretty much anyone who will list about infertility and adoption.

During my haircut Friday, I was talking to my hairstylist about is. She does not have or feel the need to have children. Unusual.

Anyway, she brought up the fact that years ago, before infertility treatment was available, what did people do. They accepted they could not have children and adopted or did nothing. We wondered what it was like during that time to be infertile, and if it was easier to deal with then the playing field was level.

Now some can afford unlimited infertility treatment and can continue until they are blessed with a live birth. Others of us are able to afford little treatment and have to discontinue treatment without being blessed with a live birth.

Was it easier to live with your infertility when it was more black and white? Yes you can, no you can't? And more difficult now knowing there is treatment out there you cannot afford? I do not know the answer. But I thought this was an interesting discussion none the less.

No comments: