Tuesday, February 3, 2009

am I the chicken or the egg

I have no friends. Infertility has been a long lonely road for me, there's no denying it.

But, which came first, did I retreat into myself when all my friends were having babies, going to school plays, celebrating birthdays? or did they stop inviting me to be around because we now longer had child-free lives in common. (man! I hate that term "child-free." one doctor told me it was time to face that fact that I was going to have to life a child-free life, it like germ-free or something, it's just not a term that should be used IMHO.)

So, do I not want to be around people who have children or do they not want to be around me because I don't have children.

I don't know the answer.

3 comments:

Que Sera, Sarah said...

Hi Julie,
In my particular case, I've been avoiding my friends ~ they just don't understand what i'm going through, look at me funny, say the wrong things...it's just easier to hide. I feel bad about it; however, I'm at a point of self-preservation.

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering this same thing about myself.....Do I make that distance once they have their babies? Or do they??

Our Little Blessings said...

I know when I was going through my struggles there were some events I did stay away from. But, my close (true) friends, never left me out of anything. They would always give me the choice.