Wednesday, February 11, 2009

a bad, bad case of the "what ifs"

  • what if we hadn't moved from a metro area to the country to raise our children
  • what if I still had my city salary!
  • what if the doctors had figured out what my problem was with TTC 5 years earlier
  • what if any or all of my 3 babies survived
  • what if I had health insurance that covered IVF
  • what if I didn't have a problem with infertility at all
  • what if I could turn back the clock
  • how did I get here? this is SO not what I had planned for my life
  • what if I could be happy not being a mother (not gonna happen)
  • what if adopting a baby were as easy as adopting a puppy (which is what everyone else seems to think)
  • what if my little sister gets pregnant and gives birth
  • what if
  • what if
  • what if

I'm what ifing so much lately I'm loosing sleep. Maybe putting it out there will help. Do you what if?

2 comments:

Que Sera, Sarah said...

what if I hadn't started this grueling process in the first place? Hrumph!

Anonymous said...

This is actually what I'm dealing with during my counseling sessions w/ my new Infertility counselor-trying not to live in 'what-should-be'...but it's so hard not to.