Sunday, April 19, 2009

oh my goodness

So we are STILL waiting to hear a decision from the birth mom who is due on April 30. Friday I called and spoke to her attorney's secretary who told me the birth mom has not made a decision yet. She asked for my phone number and said she'd see what she could find out and call me back.

A few hours later the ATTORNEY called me back and said "I hear you have some good news for me?" and I was like "WHAT?!" and he repeated it and is said "are you telling me YOU have GOOD news for me????" I was FREAKING OUT at this point. So I say "wait a minute, I'm called earlier to find out if the birth mom due on April 30 has made a decision." He says "Oh. I had you confused with someone else." I wanted to PUKE!

He ended up telling me she has a list of 10-12 potential couples but he didn't have that list at hand and could not tell me if we are on it. He also said she if having a difficult time making a decision at all.

What a FRUSTRATING phone call.

THINK before you call someone, KNOW who you are talking to. It's a person's future you are messing with here.

ugh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is frustrating. BB at Our Adoption Journey
http://miraculouslymyown.blogspot.com/

just had an adoption come through at the last minute. The birth mom actually had the baby and chose them 2 days after. So don't worry that the due date is fastly approaching, she could be waiting til the last minute.

Anonymous said...

PS GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a frustrating call. I'd be so irritated and irate by the end of it. How can he not know whether you guys are on the list of 10-12 the birth mom is choosing from - isn't that part of the process?! Stressful!

Julie said...

he didn't have the list "handy" :P