Saturday, June 13, 2009

Maybe Baby

Looking for a book called "Waiting for Daisy: A Tale of Two Continents, Three Religions, Five Infertility Doctors, an Oscar, an Atomic Bomb, a Romantic Night, and One Woman's Quest to Become a Mother" (deep breath)


I came across this one: "Maybe Baby : 28 Writers Tell the Truth about Skepticism, Infertility, Baby Lust, Childlessness, Ambivalence, and how They Made the Biggest Decision of Their Lives"

Has anyone read either? I physically went to Barnes and Noble AND Borders and NEITHER had "Waiting for Daisy" good grief! I did end up buying this


"Someone Else's Daughter" I'll report back on this one.
6.24.09 update: not liking this one, didn't realize it was a "thriller" . . . put it down...

4 comments:

Ready To Be A Momma said...

I've read waiting for daisy and it was a great book. I think I ended up finding it on Amazon. I would recommend it for sure.

Stephanie said...

I haven't read any of the above, but I did buy and am in the process of reading "Silent Sorority" and it is really good!

Anonymous said...

Warning on waiting for daisy, excellent book, HOWEVER, it does have a "happy ending". Sorry to give it away but I wish I would have been warned. You see, at the point when I read it (in the middle of miscarriages) I was trying to find someone who actually had MY life, and didn't have their "happy ending" yet. I don't have my happy ending yet and it drives me nuts that I read all these articles and books that I feel like I relate to and then it ends with "and then we got our child and all is perfect in the world". So great, where does that leave me?

Julie said...

A, it leaves you in the boat with me silly!!! ;) *hugs* my sister!